Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Fabulous Five

Today I'm feeling the need to appreciate the superficial blessings in my life. Call them shallow, but sometimes they are essentials.

1. Computer/Internet: Yeah, they're pretty much linked together in my mind. I can't do much that I need and/or want on the computer without the internet too. Our service was out yesterday afternoon and evening and I truly missed it.

2. Phones: Yep, cell phones were out yesterday too (and long distance lines). All I can say is somebody is in trouble and that somebody's supervisor is as well. I felt stranded in the middle of one of those disaster/end of the world movies...no cell service, no internet. I almost wanted to throw a party when it all came back on.

3. The Mall: I knew I liked shopping, but now that I have to drive to the mall 45 minutes away, I know just how much I NEED shopping. It is seriously a means of relaxation that I pretty much require sometimes.

4. Rosa's Cafe Chicken Enchiladas: Call me crazy, but I'm thinking they put some illegal energy stuff in there. I always feel on top of the world after eating there (and I'm pretty sure it's not just the Dr Pepper w/lime, even though that's usually the only place I have it.)

5. Hair Straightener: I love it when everyone thinks I got a new haircut just because I "did" my hair. Well, I kind of hate it, because, dang, how bad did it look before? But, yeah, I like my straightener.

Yep, they're cheesy and shallow...whatever... I like them.

No comments: