Sunday, November 30, 2008

Manic Monday: Shopping



I have to admit...I love shopping. Until I moved so far away from the mall, I wouldn't have admitted my small addiction. But honestly, this past year everyone in my house has had a significant change in wardrobe. I'm not able to pop over to the mall to cruise the sales racks on a regular basis...or even walk the mall. I don't get to put a few things on hold and come back the next day after I've checked out prices and choices elsewhere. I still manage to get it in sometimes, but not as often as I'd like.

Last Christmas, I ended up doing the majority of the gift shopping online. This actually works out well because I usually find that whatever I want at the store is gone. I like the prices online and the availabilty. I still want the store experience for some of the fun, but for holiday shopping, online can't be beat!

So...do you like holiday shopping? Do you like shopping at other times of the year better or not as much? Are you a fan of the online?

As always, you can find more blog chat about "shopping" over at Mo's Manic Monday!

5 comments:

LAC said...

We'll be doing a good mix of both online and in store shopping this year. I usually do the online research thing as much as possible, to ensure we get the best prices.

Andrea said...

I definitely prefer online shopping. I can't stand being in crowded stores. I have to wear headphones just to buy groceries.

~My Autism Insights

Brecca said...

Blake and I had an awesome time shopping beginning at 5:30. We bought so many items and our Christmas shopping is just about over. I also enjoy online shopping because of the ease of comparing prices. (I like Blake orders all year long to make it feel like Christmas when the boxes come and he gets to open them.)

ClancyPants said...

You can't help but have a quiet shopping addiction with being the daughter of your mother! ;) She was like a shopping goddess in the mind of my youth!

Big Sis said...

What clank?! really? that's so funny! Hmmm maybe that's the reasons for my own addiction as well, sis...

i've recently resorted to putting things (anything I *think* I want) in my cart- target is the worst offender of this for me... why do i feel like I need & want everything in there?!?!. Then, I get rid of it before the checkout line & I feel like it was 'mine' long enough for me to own it a little, and then be done with it! This also works for me at the grocery store with sweets, since i'm usually craving those...