Friday, April 1, 2011

Five on Friday 3 Just Dance



This week, we're totally missing our wii.  This truly was a lengthy cardio workout because we dance for a long time. Now I have to actually get on the treadmill, which I don't do.  So really, my exercise has suffered.  And really, I could probably submit a receipt for our new receiver with our medical savings account, right?! Because without a new receiver with working inputs for the wii, I can't exactly exercise. And that's definitely medical. (I know sarcasm is hard to properly convey in type, but that was pretty thick.)

There are some songs that we have all danced enough times that we don't need the wii to do them. This weeks songs are some of our favorites, but without the game, they might not normally be my go-to songs. It's really hard to choose just 5, so these are not really in any particular order.

1. Rasputin by Boney M:  This is the song that led to research on our older children's parts and costume envy for the younger ones. It's also the song I cheat on because I don't put my hands on the floor. That Russian dancing is hard enough. I told my kids that they're shorter so they can do that move easier. Maybe eventually I'll get down there.

2. Girlfriend by Avril Lavine: Though I posted the "clean edit" version, the wii version is actually cleaner.  haha.  We can totally dance this one anytime, anywhere.

3. It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls: I just can't listen to this song now without all the moves included.  It's funny that the first time I heard this song it was sung by a man. I think it was The Birdcage. Can anyone confirm that??

4. Jump In The Line by Harry Belafonte: Who could resist dancing to Harry Belafonte??  No one! That's right, that's why it's on this game! I got to teach my kids the simple box step so that they could do the moves right. They'll thank me later.

5. Katti Kalandal - Bollywood: This one might be my favorite. It was the first one where I took the high score from my daughter, despite my perfect moves on the other songs.  Even better, because I couldn't find it on playlist, I went to YouTube.  I could just play along from there!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




Come on, you need to get up and dance, don't you?! If you want to see the full list of songs, click here to check it out on Amazon.

And if you want to listen to what other people are hearing today, click over to Trav's Thoughts for Five on Friday links.

4 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

Oh I've got to get a Wii if only to do the Bollywood.

Lisa Christine said...

We only have Just Dance dor Kids....there is not Bollywood on there (we're missing out!)

Travis Cody said...

Now those songs would definitely provide quite the workout.

Mike Golch said...

It has been a while since I've heard Jump in Line,Thanks for putting this on in the set.