Thursday, April 21, 2011

Water is Pure

Sometimes, a news article or even just a random blog post can sent me into a tizzy.  It's not easy being a sort of obsessive perfectionist chasing down the answers to a question and knowing that you never will find ALL the info you want in the amount of time you have. It's frustrating. Especially because I know I'm not going to change everyone's opinion. It's worse when I spend too long on researching and reading when really, I should be making dinner for my friend who just had surgery, and is expecting me to bring their family a meal at 5:30. Or, when I should be getting my daughter's camp stuff ready for her 3 day pioneer trek, which she is leaving for directly after school today.  Instead, I read one silly little article and my mind couldn't rest. After reading this article this morning, I was not in a calm sense of mind at all. I just don't agree and I was having a hard time even trying to let it be okay to not agree. 
http://www.jrganymede.com/2011/04/18/brooding-upon-the-waters/
I don't tend to think of water as evil. Ever.

Christ washed His disciples feet with water. Our Savior was baptized by immersion, in a river, representing rebirth, cleansing. We are directed to be baptized by immersion. Not because it is evil, but because it is good.

Water is pure and refreshing. Water in the Sacrament represents the Savior's life blood spilled, but also a rememberance of the cleansing waters or our Baptism and the renewal of those covenants, the remission of sins.

I don't know why I disagree so strongly with this post. Maybe it's the fact that the author is trying to say that that's the only logical conclusion one could come to.  I think that using the exact same scriptures and the same stories, they could show that water is exactly the opposite of that post.

Sigh.

No comments: