I always think there are such great possibilities for this theme, and they usually choose the same old boring stuff. We'll see....
Paul McDonald - Old Time Rock and Roll : Of all the movie songs, he had to pick this one?? He definitely should have chosen something different. Seger was much better. I don't think this song or this performance did him any justice. Neither did the ugly suit.
Lauren Alainia - The Climb: I think she sounded fine, but to say she was better than Miley was a little over-the-top. I like Cyrus's version, so this performance wasn't super dynamic to me. I think it was a good song choice for her, though.
Stefano Langone - End of the Road (Boomerang): This seems like a bit of an ominous song to sing. End of the road for Stefano? Perhaps. I don't think he did enough with the song to transform it from a boy band song into a solo-artist idol song. Okay...Randy threw praise all over the place for it, but his "best vocal" doesn't necessarily mean best of the night.
Scotty McCreery - I Cross My Heart (Pure Country): I always wonder why he isn't on Nashville Star. And then I wonder if Nashville Star is even still on. And then I know why he isn't on that show whether it's on or not. Scotty is a good addition to AI. I hadn't heard George Strait on this song, but I did get to hear my husband sing every word along with him, and that was worth every moment of Idol tonight. (I love you baby.) He did say that George Strait was better, and that's coming from a George Strait fan, and also a Scotty fan. After listening to Strait, I have to concur. There is something engaging about that voice. But I still would like Scotty to stick around awhile.
Casey Abrams - Nature Boy: I'm a Casey fan, but this wasn't my favorite from him.
Haley Reinhart - Call Me (American Gigolo) : Kind of boring. Kind of didn't hit the right notes. Kind of think Stefano is safe.
Jacob Lusk - Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Pursuit of Happyness): Ugh, really?! After Clay Aiken rocked this song, I wasn't sure I wanted to hear Jacob even try. I was right. Ew! And now, Paul, Stefano, and Haley are all safe. Send Jacob home already!!
James Durbin - Heavy Metal: I'm done with James too. Not idol material. James didn't even do the guitar solo. Bye-bye. He really should have listened to the vocal coaches. Standing ovation....so not worthy. So, what are you pretending to tell us, judges? That somehow American Idol will be happy to produce a heavy metal album? Yeah, I didn't think so. Heavy metal needs good instrumentalists, not just some middle-of-the-road singer.
My choice to go home tonight....Jacob, James, Haley, maybe Paul has reached his end. Tonight, I only felt like Scotty, Casey, and Lauren deserved to stay. I wasn't left with any strong love for any of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment