I miss their presence. The little things that I could always expect from them. It might not have even been something that they realized that they did, but when it's gone, I realize it.
My grandma and grandpa were the definition of unconditional love. They loved their family, their neighbors, nature, and life. I can still hear in my memory and in my mind their very distinct laugh of pure joy when we visited in Halloween costumes, or when my little brother learned to walk, or just said something silly while we had them over for dinner. From my grandma, it was a giggle that could hardly be contained, my grandpa's was a shaking laughter with a face full of pride in his family. They loved every moment of life...even the small moments. In hindsight, I can see those moments from their eyes. I was young enough that I just thought that's what grandparents did, but now, I realize, that's not what grandparents do. That's what MY grandparents did. They were special for every thought and action of love.
(This question was posted on a forum....and this was my answer...)
No comments:
Post a Comment