
The Waffle Stompers I never had.
When I look back on my pictures from High School, Jr High, and even elementary school, it is impossible not to laugh at some of the ridiculous outfits that I thought were totally cool. There's something to be said for a timeless and classic look. If you choose that route, you will not usually look like the outrageously dated one in photos. Of course, it was school. We all looked the same. Peg-legged pants, jeans belted at the waist, shoulder pads...and then not, flourescents, thick and baggy, thin and tight, flat hair, puffy hair, we weathered them all.
There were some fashions that I always wished to wear, but never did. I was a floater in school usually. I kept friends from every random group and never really belonged to any of them. Sometimes I felt like dressing grungy (yes, this was an actual "fashion"), sometimes preppy, sometimes dressy, sometimes sporty. I usually had something in my closet that I could change up and make into the look I was going for, but the one look that I never could manage to "throw" together was the goth thing going on at the time. I didn't own any clothes that could have fit that genre, and since I wasn't "goth" I couldn't justify spending money on them. So, I just sat back and admired my friends' waffle stomper black combat boots, long coat, and black lipstick. Granted, it isn't really a look that you can wear one day and pretend that it's just another regular day. But still...I always thought it would be a fun look to sport.
I think Hot Topic is definitely getting my business this year for Halloween.
(For more interpretations on the word of the week, Waffle, check out Mo's Manic Monday meme.)
I think Hot Topic is definitely getting my business this year for Halloween.
(For more interpretations on the word of the week, Waffle, check out Mo's Manic Monday meme.)
5 comments:
Well...I, for one, am very glad that was a look you never got into.
Thanks and Love,
Mom
I never did the "Goth" look either, but I did have big black Doc Martin's that laced up really high. Sometimes I liked to pretend...
;) Love ya!
I think I would have like those boots too, Polly! :)
Okay Mary, you and I will borrow Clancy's!
Love you too mom...and I only wanted to 'wear' it, not 'be' it...that's better, right?
I always wanted waffle stompers. But they were just too expensive and I was always needing to save for sports equipment.
Post a Comment