I read my last post and thought that this needed to be revisited, mainly for this reason...
"What do I gain...nothing really"
That statement alone warrants a new post because it was entirely incorrect. While the party itself wasn't the best I've been to, as we spent most of the time waiting in line, we made our own fun. Since Aimee had just read the book that day, we quizzed each other with fill-in-the-blank quotes and comparisons between the book and movie. We actually got a lot of discussion questions out of the way that it really feels impossible to find the time for on a normal day.
The only part that I was really dreading was the drive home, which was totally fine.
So, I gained the movie, which we watched the next day with our friend. But more importantly, I got one-on-one, uninterrupted time with my daughter, which, sadly enough, doesn't happen as often as I'd like.
Great girl time, fun wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment