We just watched Mr. Poppers Penguins today (I know, we're a little behind on the box office) and I'm pleased to share that one of my favorite parts of the movie was Mr. Popper's assisstant, Pippi. Her perfectly pronounced preference for "P" words kept me anxiously awaiting her next line. In her final scene, she walks away with a police officer, whose name is Quint, who has a particular penchant for "Q" quips. I thought it resolved quite nicely and said, "Oh good, the "P" lady gets to be with the "Q" guy." Allie raised her eyebrows in surprise and told me, "I guess he doesn't talk much."
EDIT: It was brought to my attention that for those who haven't seen the movie, this quote might seem unclear. Basically, Pippi speaks using mostly "P" words. Sometimes this makes her sentences much shorter than what one would normally say. For example, when someone was arriving, she said, "They are pulling up presently." So, in the case of Quint, he would have very few words in his arsenal, not because Pippi is a conversation dominating blabbery person. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment