Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Music Variety In The Same Song

Do you realize how awesome music is?! Here's a little example. When "Five Musicians, One Guitar/Somebody That I Used to Know" went viral, so many different friends with different music interests posted it. From that same video, I had one friend who went to the original artist and is entirely in love with all things Gotye and is going to his concert very soon. Another friend found that what she loved was that band and has since researched Walk Off the Earth, knows all their names, and posts different songs from them. Still another friend has a new-found interest in acoustic guitar songs. I love that everyone found something different from one song!
 Here's the original viral video.
 

And this is the original artist singing it, Gotye

3 comments:

Genene said...

Gyaallll!!! I can't like it when I post a comment & it disappears into cyberspace!

I just think it's a cool post Polly cuz I agree with you but I hadn't thought it out so well! (and, dang, I wish I was going to see Gotye in April!) I like WOtE a lot too. Bought a couple of their songs!

:-)

Genene said...

PS. Thanks for the emails!!!

ClancyPants said...

Wow. Cool thoughts. I wonder who that obsessed Gotye person is? What a crackpot.