Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Fabulous Five!!

1. No lines at the DMV! Alex got his learners permit yesterday, as part of his driver's ed class. I had to take him from school and head over to get his permit. When we first got to Andrews, there was one DMV lady who traveled between a few cities. We only got her on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-3. That was a pain. Especially when you didn't know that because you're new in town.
I took Alex yesterday during his lunch break and the new girl entered all his info, and tested him and he still got back to school in time!

2. Having a full tank of gas is more fun than always having 1/2 tank. Last time I filled up the car, the gas station was only taking cash, so I only wanted to part with a $20. The time before that, the pump kept clicking off for no reason and I didn't want to hold it on while it pumped slowly all night. SOOO.... today, I got a WHOLE tank and it was GREAT!

3. New Furniture!! When we moved from Washington, we had a sofa and love seat, and another set for the other living room, a sofa and oversized chair. We gave them away between moves and had no living room furniture when we moved into our Andrews home. Which was fine. But then, we had company coming sooner, rather than later, and didn't want NOTHING, so we got SOMETHING. I liked the sofa okay, but it was the only thing we could get in the shortest amount of time. I was supposed to keep looking for the REAL living room furniture. I finally got tired of not finding the "perfect" ones, and got some that I liked. It's awesome. Now we have seating for more than 3 people, without having to pull in the barstools and kitchen chairs (which is what we've done for a couple years.)

4. Delivery guys that are on time!!! Seriously! Our furniture was supposed to be delivered "between 10 and 11," which customarily means 11:30 or 12, right?! The guys rang the bell at 9:58!!!! I might have been more excited about that fact than the furniture itself. :D

5. The magic of being 4! Aidan and I were talking about his day at school, and gushing over his bear paper bag puppet. He told me his great idea. "When you get little and 4, you can be a boy like me and go to my school and make your own puppet too!" Awesome!! I love that you can get young and get old....you know, whatever works for you...

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Alex got his learners permit?!?!

Wow! Time flies!

Big Sis said...

Oh dear... hold on Andrews, TX...