I remember a Facebook post from a friend who talked about how she hadn't been on for a few days and it took her a long time to catch up on the "news" she's missed while she was away. I thought that was strange that she'd go through it ALL, and I wasn't alone. Many of our friends teased her about her "news" catch-up (news being scanning through all of her friends posts and updates). While it's fun to keep in touch with friends, I haven't taken the task so seriously.
Today, my Facebook really was news. Too bad that my friend's son learned to unlock the deadbolt and escape, but I felt small a happiness knowing I am not the only one. Jokes about the swine flu (and how that's similar to "when pigs fly" *gavin*); New Moon die-hards who ditched school today to catch the midnight release *uhem miss shiloh* LOL
Another friend shared a quote that touched my heart, while another shared a quote that made me spit out my cereal laughing.
I loved reading that my cousin had her baby! My excitement and congratulations are with my beautiful cousin and I can't wait to meet little Victoria.
On a more somber note, I read this one:
"wants to send out condolences to the Dixon family. Fred Dixon was one of the greatest people I have ever met. He will be missed. "
This friend (thank you for the news, Don) went on to say that Fred and Pat had the kind of relationship that he and his wife could model their relationship after.
...and I couldn't agree more. I haven't seen Fred and Pat for almost 3 years, but they always had a way of touching those around them. Their devotion to each other and their love of life was beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with her and their family.
Births and deaths and laughing and tears. I'm using all of these thoughts and feelings to rededicate myself to the kind of me that I like to be. One who has ups and downs and moments when it seems that everthing that can go wrong does, and moments when all the world is perfect. I like the me when I fully submerge in the world and in life...with friends and family and teaching and learning. I will be present in every moment and share my passions with everyone around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment