Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sea World: How I Spent My Labor Day Weekend

After Hawaii without the kids, which I loved, I did feel guilty that summer vacation went by without some kind of vacation. So, I decided to get one last summer play over Labor Day weekend. We weren't able to leave until Saturday morning, so we spent the first part of Saturday driving to San Antonio. We were so happy to have gotten the annual passes since we went a little bit each day we were there, and plan to head back again at least once or twice before next September.
Thank goodness for Garmin. That city is a little bit crazy to navigate for first timers. (Add to that the fact that our navigation unit took us to and from our hotel at least 4 different ways.) It also took us to our beloved Costco, which we miss greatly being over here with only Sam's Club, but was unfortunately closed (as we thought it might be) for the Monday holiday.

Here dolphin, get the fish...

...or, we could just skip the fish and go for the fingers.


...


Trying to make sure we got pics of each person feeding and petting...


...

...

I made Dustin go to the other side so that we didn't have pictures of just sea lions and seals, but of us looking at them. I like it.

Sunning?

...and...back ...just before driving home...Allie insisted that we didn't get a picture of her feeding the dolphins...and scrolling through the camera, we found that she was correct. I was taking pictures, and I was helping her, so, no picture. Good thing we can go back again and again...
....

....

....
....

...and...THIS is THE picture we went back for!

One of the only rides Aidan is big enough to ride. The line is surprisingly short for this one. When we got to it, we got the "cool" operator, who was amazingly the same guy who we got on the Penguin ferris wheel. While the people in line ahead of us went around the ferris wheel twice, just before our turn, they switched operators. Alllie, Aidan, and Aimee went around at least 5 times. Then, when we got to the front of this ride, our cool guy happened to be rotating again. So, they got an extra long ride on this one as well!

...

Shamu express...Allie's first roller coaster.

No comments: