See what others are saying about SNOW over at Mo's Manic Monday!I keep saying that I miss being closer to family and that I miss the mountains and the changing seasons. I do...it's just that I don't really miss the cold. I'm not a happy camper when I'm cold. I really don't like the snow having so much control over what we do. Maybe I just want to be the one in control, but when people can't go out because it's too cold, or the roads are too dangerous, I feel like rebelling against mother nature. Not a smart move as it's clear that she's the one in charge.
A few years ago while visiting family for Christmas, we held off on our return home because of the icy roads. We waited and waited. When we finally had to leave, we drove into a storm and rolled our car. So, we visited family for a few days more while we waited on repairs on our totally damaged car.
I grew up in the snow, so I know how to handle it, pretty much, but I just don't like the inconvenience.
I mentioned in a previous post, Sledding Texas Style, that I do love to play in the snow, I'm just not the hardcore brave-it-out-when-your-ears-and-nose-are-falling-off types.
A few years ago while visiting family for Christmas, we held off on our return home because of the icy roads. We waited and waited. When we finally had to leave, we drove into a storm and rolled our car. So, we visited family for a few days more while we waited on repairs on our totally damaged car.
I grew up in the snow, so I know how to handle it, pretty much, but I just don't like the inconvenience.
I mentioned in a previous post, Sledding Texas Style, that I do love to play in the snow, I'm just not the hardcore brave-it-out-when-your-ears-and-nose-are-falling-off types.
Things I Love About Snow:
Snowmen!!!
SnowAngels
Snowflakes
Sledding
Snowboarding (even though I pretty much only fall)
Bare Tree Branches blanketed in white
Snowballs
Christmas
Snowmen!!!
SnowAngels
Snowflakes
Sledding
Snowboarding (even though I pretty much only fall)
Bare Tree Branches blanketed in white
Snowballs
Christmas
Things I Don't Love About Snow:
Cold
Dangerous
Dirty Slush
Wet toes
Scraping the Windshield
Power Outages
Cold
Dangerous
Dirty Slush
Wet toes
Scraping the Windshield
Power Outages
I've always said I wouldn't mind if it snowed only on the grass and trees, but not on the streets and sidewalks. I got my wish! (okay it's not exactly snow, but it did stay on the grass!
This is what happens when you leave your sprinklers on auto and it freezes overnight.
Yes, it covered the entire lawn!
8 comments:
I like your post, especially the part about the sprinkler. You have to admit that ice on things is pretty and it was just in the grass. Your picture of the grass close up is really good. I'm glad you shared it.
Great post! my first time to join on this meme.. Mine's up too hope you can drop by... Have a fun day!
LOL....I am going to have to show Donald those pictures...I think he'd get a kick out of that!
The pic of the grass up close and frozen is awesome! I've never seen anything quite like it. I do love the snow but I'm with you and hate the cold!
Amen, sis! Well, cuz, I guess... ;)
Those pictures are incredible! I'm so glad your family was safe through the car accident and we enjoyed seeing you longer!
Jeanette: yes, the ice is certainly beautiful. hopefully we didn't kill the grass.
Pretty Life: welcome to MM. I love this meme, so I hope to see you in the weeks ahead.
Lisa: definitely do...we were amused as well!
BV: thanks. i hope you are staying warm this winter.
Clancy: amen back atcha cuz. (to your comments on other snow posts...where's yours?)
Brecca: the accident wasn't fun, but we were so blessed and visiting with you all is always great!
left a comment here last week but dont see it so heeerrr it goes again :)
I love the icicle shapes on the grass - it looks so pretty
Post a Comment