Aidan loves activity. He climbs, he runs, he throws, he fights (for pretend...at least mostly), he cartwheels, he jumps, and he keeps on going. I would think that his favorite parts of school would be recess and PE. I would be wrong.
"Do I have school in the morning?"
"Yep, tomorrow is Thursday."
"Aw, I don't want to go to PE"
"What??! Why not? I thought you'd love PE. You get to play and exercise."
"Yeah, but that guy doesn't listen to me. Just everyone else. He said 'do we want to do crab walk or race?' I said race and the other kids said crab walk. And we had to do crab walk!! Don't they remember we did that yesterday??"
As far as school goes, it's pretty great. He goes happily in the morning, comes home happily in the afternoon and is happy all day. He is learning some Spanish already. Last week he told me his Spanish word of the day.
"Today's Spanish word is lapiz."
"Cool, what does lapiz mean?"
"It means...the fan is on."
"No it doesn't."
"Well, it doesn't but I don't want to tell you. I want you to guess."
(Google Translate to the rescue.)
One down side is this. Sometimes he just wants to make up words. So he says weird sentences and says, "it's a different language. Not Spanish. Not English."
Well, in that case, copasapata. :)
1 comment:
PENCIL! I googled it, too. I love how the mind of a child works.
Post a Comment