2 (14 1/2 oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
3 c water
2 c loose-pack frozen cut or french cut green beans
1 (10 1/2 oz) can condensed French onion soup
16 oz fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, halved or quartered lengthwise and cut into bite size
2 c pkg shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix...just DON"T pay extra for the kits that come with gross dressing. get just the cabbage and carrots)
1 (9 oz) pkg frozen cheese-filled tortellini
Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker, combine undrained tomatoes, water, frozen green beans, onion soup, and turkey sausage.
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours, or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours (or if you have my super hot crock pot, 4 hours on low)
3. If using low-heat, turn slow cooker to high. Stir cabbage and tortellini into soup. Cover; cook for 15 min more. Garnish soup with shavings of Parmesan cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
(This recipe originally came from Yahoo Shine. The original recipe called for refrigerated tortellini, rather than frozen, but I've used both and they turn out the same. Plus, I always have frozen in the freezer. Also, I buy the Butterball Turkey sausage or kielbosa, which comes in 16 oz pkg. The original recipe calls for 8 oz. Our family likes 16; originally, they were supposed to be halved lengthwise and cut to 1/2", but I like to just look at what side the kids are going to eat. Once I've chopped and cooked I don't want to spend the whole meal continuing to cut food for younger ones. The original calls for Italian style stewed tomatoes. I think I hate stewed tomatoes. I like them diced. Don't leave out the French onion soup. It's delish. )
The bread is French bread from the bakery. Slice, butter, garlic powder, basil, parmesan. Broil.
No comments:
Post a Comment