Last Friday, the girls had a few friends over for caroling, hot chocolate, and Polar Express. I had originally had a different invite list and turnout planned, but it evolved into this. I really wanted to make homemade hot chocolate with a recipe that I love, but I'm glad I ditched that plan and went with packets. With the guest list, this worked out much better.
Poor Aidan surrounded by girls!
Of course, the girls all played afterward and even had a lovely marshmallow contest...and yes, that would be the teen girs, not the second graders. :)

What's that? You say I have a child missing? Why, yes, I do have another. Alex was trying to get his last drives in for driver's ed. He has now completed the course, and is driving with "a licensed driver over the age of 21" for the next few months while awaiting his birthday!
No worries, he arrived home in time to see Santa give the first Christmas gift (and make fun of the girls' hot chocolate mess).
3 comments:
Oooo!! Nom nom... i'm going to make some hot cocoa now...
Looks like it was a great success of a get together no matter how the original plan was! I don't get that Aidan felt bad being surrounded by girls either.... I'm guessing he didn't notice as long as he got to watch the movie and have some hot chocolate with marshmallows eh?
:) Aidan doesn't mind the girls. They always include him and he looks at them as his friends, not just Allie's, which is true. They are awesome! As long as there are kids to play with, he's fine with it all. :D
Post a Comment