I've lived my adult life away from most of my family. We've lived 14 hours away, 8 hours away, and now 19 hours away. I miss them and love,LOVE, LOVE the visits we have. But when I know they're there, and I'm here, and we're a phone call away, it works.
Two months ago, my brother, Blake, who is in the National Guard, was called to Iraq/Afganistan. Even though I wasn't planning a holiday trip home this winter, knowing that he's not there makes me miss him even more. Knowing that he's halfway around the world and inaccessible on demand makes him seem so much further away.
Blake's deployment reminds me of our first years of marriage. When Dustin was in the Navy and out to sea, we stayed busy with daily life and routine and fun with family and friends, so I know that my sister-in-law, Brecca, and my niece and nephew, Brooklyn and Bryce, will get through this year. They are THE MOST awesome at sending letters and cards, so I know they will stay close to Blake across the miles.
On Veteran's Day, and always, I'm thanking all the men and women in the military, both past and present, for their service to all of us. I love them all and keep them and their families in my prayers.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
1 comment:
Thanks for the compliments and the vote of confidence. I know that we are going to make it through this. We love you!
Post a Comment